Monday, September 8, 2014

Tonight's Menu

With all the apples in our backyard being ripe and ready I figured now is a great time to make some homemade apple crisp. Along with all the tomatoes my parents decided to bring over I made some homemade salsa. Just adding to the wife resume, right?  

The apple crisp was super easy and actually had all the ingredients in my house. 

5-6 apples
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbs brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350
Peel and dice the apples 
Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar
Sprinkle mixture over apples

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup if oats
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of butter (softened)

Mix together the dry ingredients
Cut in butter until the mixture becomes crumbly
Evenly coat the mixture on top of the apples

Bake for 35-40
Cool
Top with ice cream or cool whip
ENJOY! 

So easy I was able to recall that from memory!

The salsa was equally as easy. In this house we enjoy spicy foods and so the salsa is probably a bit spicier than most people like. I used...

1 purple onion
1 regular onion
2 tomatoes 
1 jalepeno 
1 Tbs of a seasoning called tajin that I brought back from Mexico
1 Tbs sugar

Put the onions and jalepeno in the chopper and put them in a big bowl
Put the tomatoes in the chopper and added them 
Added the seasoning and sugar
Mixed it all up and put it in the fridge. 

I had just a little bit, but boy was it spicy!!
I think it will taste better when it's cold and we can eat it with tacos and other Mexican dishes. 


I can't wait to dig in!! 

Until next time... 


No comments:

Post a Comment