Sunday, October 26, 2014

Suppertime: Duck Edition

I'm up for trying new things and with Tyler hunting ducks and pheasants now I needed to find some new recipes to try. Last nights menu was duck and ranch potatoes. 

For the duck we cute them into smaller cubed pieces and marinated them in BBQ sauce. We took bacon and cut them on half and wrapped the marinated duck in the strips and cooked them on the stove until the meat was done. Served with some BBQ sauce and it actually wasn't too bad!

In case I didn't care for the duck I made lots of ranch potatoes. Super easy to make and so much flavor! Cut the potatoes into fourths and put in a glass bowl or pan. Add a little oil at the bottom and microwave for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes take out and stir in half a pack of the dry ranch dip seasoning. Then stick back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until they become soft. 

If anyone else has another recipe for duck let me know! Hopefully we will have a pheasant soon so I can cook that too! 

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment