Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Home Edition

Yesterday just seemed like the perfect day to leave work early and finally get things done around the house to make it feel a bit more like home. 


I’ve had frames of various sizes all painted black and pictures to put in them to make a gallery wall. They were all just sitting on the ground waiting for a nail to get put in the wall. I am so happy with the finished product and makes my dining room much more inviting. 





I love the contrast of the black and white pictures in the black frames against that deep red wall! Don't mind my mess. It still looks a little bare and lonely, but it's getting there!
  • Project 1: Gallery Wall

When we first moved in I knew I wanted a chalkboard in the kitchen to write different holiday greeting, inspirational quotes, and bible verses on. I was at my parents house one day and saw a frame out in the shed and told my mom I was going to take it. It was so cool looking and big that it would be perfect! So I asked my dad who is very handy in his wood shop if he could cut a board to fit the frame and I could paint it with chalkboard paint. I finally went and picked up the finished product yesterday and Tyler hung it up for me last night. 

 


Who would have thought that a $1 from could turn into such a great addition for the kitchen! I’m going to need to do some more digging out in the shed for some other finds.
  • Project 2: Chalkboard


I’ve got two more projects that will be in the works shortly. 
The first one is a mail and key holder for the kitchen. We have this area where an old telephone used to hang, but now it is just a space in the wall with a small shelf that all the mail, keys, pens, and other miscellaneous things get thrown. I like more organization and didn’t want to spend $100 for one from Kohls. So I took one of the many cupboard doors I have from the Habitat for Humanity Restore, ordered a mail/key organizer for $13 from amazon, adding a small chalkboard and there ya go! Organization!



I’m still waiting for the mail organizer part to arrive, but for now I will paint it the red of the dining room and distress it to make it look more rustic and my style. I can’t wait for the finished product and not to have such a mess on that small counter. 

The last project I hope to get done soon is to move an old ice chest from my parents house into mine. It was in my grandma Norma’s grove for many years and it has been sitting in my moms shed for many years. Mom asked me if I would be interested in it because I’m still trying to fill the many blank spaces in our large house with decor. I think that it would be perfect and can use it ask storage and display decorations on top. It’s old, but still looks awesome and I think that it would fit in great with the rest of the house. 


Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment