Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 9 in the Books

Another week down! Hard to believe that this is our last full week of teaching. Next week we don't have school on Monday and the following week we don't have school on Friday, which would have been our last day here. We only have 13 days of actual teaching before we go home and 19 total days until we leave for home (me) and Cancun (Britta). I'm really starting to look forward to getting home, but not looking forward to all the work that we have to do in a very short amount of time. I'm sure we will get it done and graduation will be here in no time. Mark your calendars for May 9 if you want to sit through commencement, you are more than welcome to!

This week wasn't too exciting and this weekend was very cloudy so we weren't able to have much fun in the sun. Luckily this week will be nice for Alli and Jordan who will arrive here tomorrow morning for a week of fun! Hopefully they will enjoy themselves and we can show them around a little bit to some of our favorite spots while we have been here.

Friday we had one of the parents come in and read a story to the kids. The school had it so that parents could come in and read a book to the class. This mom came in with a story and a craft and a worksheet for the students to do. They read the book, The Grumpy Bear, and the mom brought in foam bear masks that the students got to put ears and a nose and wear during the story. They looked very cute in their little bear masks. The K2 students also brought in their favorite fruit and veggies to share with the class and everyone got to create art with their food. We gave them a bunch of different fruit and veggies and they got to create whatever they wanted. Some of them came up with quite the creation!

Friday night we went out for supper with the family and Britta and I shared the Nachos again. They are huge and it always feels like we eat so much, but then barely end up putting a dent in things. They were just as good as the last time we had them.


Saturday it was pretty cloudy, but Britta and I decided that we should just wander around town. We started with our new favorite lunch place, Cabo Wabo. The waborito is probably one of the best things that I have ever eaten. I wish we would have discovered it sooner so that we could have ate more of them while we were here! Guess we will just have to make the best of the time we have left by eating at least one every weekend until we leave. They are pretty big so we decided to share it and get the chips and guac also.




After we were done with lunch we kept wandering down the marina. We had seen that there was a brewery at/near the mall last week and decided we should probably check it out, so we did. It was a great decision. Craft beer reminds me of home and it was so delicious. I had the Raspberry Beer and it made me want summer at the lake. Baja Brewing was the name of the place and we just hung around there for a while and people watched. The sun came out a couple times, but when we finally decided to head to the beach, the sun was no more. We still went to the beach and hung out. Met some people, like we normally do and had a great time just meeting and talking to new people from all over the country. I love meeting new people and it's fun being tourists on the weekends! They are always really surprised and jealous when we tell them that we have already been here for over 2 months.



Sunday was a very cloudy day. We shamelessly spent the day laying around our rooms watching Netflix and Mary Kate and Ashley movies. Brings be back to my elementary days! It wasn't the most productive day, but with the weather the way it was, we needed some time like that to just be lazy.

The sunsets are still unreal and my pup is still cute :)





























I have been going a little crazy not being able to do projects or change my house in any way. I have been going a little crazy with the pinning a lot of ideas and I'm excited to get home and do a bunch of stuff! With all my time I have... oh wait. They might have to wait until summer, but it will be nice to just be at home again and having the option to do whatever I want.

I'm super excited to see my sister and Jordan tomorrow because I've always known that when they come and go, then it means that I'm going soon too. I think they will have a great week and I can't wait to show them around!

Hopefully I will be able to post some week and weekend adventures soon with them. Britta and I also plan to go snorkeling on Saturday too. Hopefully that all works out and the weekend is nice.

1 comment: