Friday, February 20, 2015

The Best Beach Day EVER and Week 7 in the Books

Last week on Sunday, Britta and I headed down to our favorite spot on the Pedregal Beach. We were all by ourselves and only a few people walking and around on the beach. It was amazing and to top it all off, the waves were absolutely spectacular! We decided that we would just have a little fun and take some super cool pictures and videos. With my new iPhone I am in love with the slo-mo video and the burst feature on the camera.

For those that don't know how to use burst, I suggest you learn! It's awesome! When you are on your photo setting on your iPhone, instead of just hitting the circle once to take one picture, hold it down and you will be able to take many many pictures in a short period of time. Just point and hold that circle down! Then you can go through and pick your favorite picture of the bunch or you can do what I did and downloaded the flipgram app for iPhone and you can put as many pictures as you want and it will flip through them very fast. You can determine your length of video to fit Instagram or other social media sites. You can even add music to it! It was the perfect app for this situation and then amount of pictures I have.

Just be prepared that this post will be a lot of pictures, but mostly videos. I will eventually get to what we've been doing in school, but for now I had to share these hilarious and awesome moments!

Let's start with this gem of a video. Britta was clearly not prepared for that wave and apparently I didn't see it fit to warn her. So of course, she fell. It was great and provided us with a good laugh! At least she was ok and fell in the right direction instead of into the ocean! :) 




And then there is this beautiful video of me filming Britta, or so I thought. Apparently I didn't hit the screen in the right place to turn the camera back around and all I got was a bunch of picture of me getting really excited for whatever was happening to Britta. We will never know how cool that wave looked behind her, but clearly, by me face, it was great! If I can get a good laugh from it, I'm sure you all will too! :)

Now I'm just going to start adding a bunch because they were super cool and we had a lot of fun running around in the waves and on the rocks trying to get these pictures and videos that we will have to enjoy for the rest of our lives! Hope you enjoy! :)



Myself on top of the rocks.


Britta on top of the rocks.


Running from some waves. The look on my face says it all. We were just so happy to be here and playing in the waves! 

Slo-Mo waves crashing on the rocks. They were just so big that day!

Britta's cartwheel on the beach to finish off the afternoon.

Now time for some photos!












I did warn you that a lot of it would be pictures! That day I almost took 500 pictures and videos with all the different bursts that I did taking up to 50 photos in just a few seconds. It came in very handy that day and will come in handy again in the near future. Like tomorrow when Britta and I go whale watching in the morning!

So time to talk a little about school. Lately a lot of students have been in and out with different sicknesses. One is particular that is going around the kinder classes is chicken pox. There were 3 students that were out for 2 weeks because of those buggers. Others have had just colds and fevers, but get sent to school anyways. 

The students are learning about the earth and living things and how they grow. So this week the K2 students got to make grass heads, which turned out so cute and on Monday when we go back, they are just going to be crazy full of grass! The K3 students planted tomato plants in eggshells and a few of those are starting to sprout as well. The garden that we planted a few weeks ago is still growing! Hopefully I will be here to see it produce, but I'm afraid I will be gone by then. 





All this planting is getting me excited to get back home and be able to plan and plant my own garden since I will finally have one of my own!

I can't believe that we only have 5 more weeks here. I'm very excited for Allison and Jordan to get here for Spring Break! I'm sure they will have so much fun and it will be nice to see some familiar faces! :)

We headed down to the beach tonight to watch the sunset and the view was pretty amazing! Pictures are just better to look at than me just explaining how awesome the sunset looked!


Tomorrow Britta and I are getting up and going out on a Whale Watching cruise from 9-11. They are serving us breakfast and supposedly the best mimosas and bloody's in Cabo. I think we will be the judge of that! After that we plan to just spend the day at the beach or Marina relaxing and hanging out, enjoying our weekend in the sun!

Hope you enjoyed all the pictures and the updates! Everyone enjoy your weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos! I love them. The videos are great too! You are having such a fabulous experience. Wish I was coming down too!

    ReplyDelete