Saturday, July 12, 2014

Field of Dreams

This last week there was a great article written on The Irish Yard, which is where the baseball team that my boyfriend plays on. Of all places it was found in the Senior Perspective newspaper, a free newspaper and I don't even know where it prints. My mom found it and showed it to me and I brought it to Peggy and Bob, the coach and his wife. They already had some copies, but they will take as many as they can get. It goes into detail about the history of these baseball teams in Milroy and how they split and created two different teams. There are a few pictures of the field and just talks about how hard we have all worked, family, teammates, and friends, to create this field and make it what it finally is, and we still aren't done with future plans! We have lights that will go up in steps over the next year. I have many pictures that I have taken there and in the summer I spend more time there than I do at home. It really is a field of dreams and I wouldn't think of any other way to spend my summer. I go to every game and work in the concessions with other friends and girlfriends. I can't even express how proud I am of this family and everything they do for everyone to make these dreams happen. They have worked so incredibly hard and I am proud to say that I am apart of it all and they have taken me in as one of their own. If you haven't been out to the field or don't know what it is, just take a drive down highway 19 one night and turn down Dayton Ave just before Vesta and just pull in and look around. Even if you're not a baseball fan, I think you will still appreciate it and understand how much hard work has truly gone into making this family's dream a reality! 

Here is the article and pictures that I have taken. There are also some in the article, but I've got some good ones too!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment