Saturday, July 12, 2014

Painting Class

This week was a week full of fun and craziness! I enjoyed every minute of it though. I don't know what I would do if I were ever bored, except I know if I had a second to relax I would just watch TV.

One of my new experiences this week was I decided to go to a canvas painting class that was held by some friends of mine at work. I had heard that these were fun and wanted to give it a shot! It was just in the basement of the church right across the street and there were about 25 people there, which was much more than they were expecting. There was a lady that came in from Pipestone to teach the class. She brought all the supplies that we needed and when we got there she showed us the options that we were able to paint. We got to pick our paint colors, depending on the colors that we wanted our flower to be. I chose my flower to be yellow/orange and my background was dark blue. 

She took us step by step through each part of the flower and painting. She would give us a step and then we could do it ourselves on ours and she would walk around to see if anyone needed help. Once we got into our paintings, I found it SUPER relaxing. I pretty much only focused on my painting and didn't even notice everyone around me. I can see how it would be addicting to do and would probably enjoy it more or do it more if I had the time. It always seems to come down to time.

This is the finished result! One of my good friends and her mom came with us and their photos are in there too!


 Mine (left) Whole group (above)

Kayla's mom, Mine, Kayla's (lower left) Kayla's mom and the teacher's examples (lower right)

 Kayla and her mom (lower left) Kayla and I (lower right)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment