Sunday, February 9, 2014

Nail Wall Art


Another easy and cheap Pinterest find! 
Nail wall art is something that can be personalized and made to go with any home.

For this project you will need:
  • Plywood - I got mine at Menards for $4
    • Can get in many sizes
  • Paint
  • Nails - I used black nails since I painted my board black
  • Yarn
  • Hammer
I painted my board and let that dry first. Then I drew out the pattern that I wanted on with a pencil so that I could see it, but wouldn't be noticed once the nails were in at the yarn was on. 
Once your pattern is drawn then just go around and start nailing in the nails along the lines. 
After all the nails are in then you can start wrapping with your yarn. Tie the yarn around a starting nail and just start wrapping. Sometimes this part can get tough to keep it tight and to make sure that it is filled in enough, but just keep wrapping and trying different places until you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment