Sunday, February 9, 2014

Personalized Homemade Home Decor

As Christmas approached this year, I could not decide what to get everyone on my list and so I was looking around for some ideas. 

On Etsy I found these awesome steel letters for very reasonable and tried to think of something I could create using them. 

And here is what I came up with 

I went to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore here in town and found some cupboard doors that were sanded down and ready to be painted. 
Then I painted a layer of brown paint, let that dry and lightly painted on a layer of blue paint. Painting it lightly on gave it that sanded down, worn look, but without the sanding! Just keep painting lightly until you reached the look that you want.
After that all dries then I took the steel letters that I had ordered and glued them on using E6000 Epoxy glue. 

It was nice to be able to get something personalized for a very reasonable price. 

Could make in any color and the place that I ordered them from also had some different fonts that I could chose from.



No comments:

Post a Comment