Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Absolute New Favorite Hobby

This past Memorial Day Weekend was so great for me as I found my new favorite hobby ever. Paddle Boarding! 

I begged my dad to go to Menards to go look at them on Sunday morning because they were on Sale for memorial day and I haven't seen them this cheap anywhere else. We got there and had a heck of a time trying to find them, but we finally found them in the back and then was the challenge was trying to get them down. But before we got them down I had have a "chat" with my father. My birthday was coming up and using every time I was up at the lake I promised to use it. Which I fully plan on doing! We got it out of the box and had to put the fin on, but after that I was on it literally all day. Tyler and I would take turns and he even took a fishing pole out there with him! That looked like a bit of a challenge, but he managed. Didn't catch anything, but at least he knows he can do it now. The water was so calm and it was the perfect day to paddle around on the lake. I thought that it was pretty easy and got the hang of it pretty quickly and so did Tyler, but my dad struggled a little bit. I don't think my parents will be trying it for a little while, or at least until the water warms up in case they fall in! Now I just want to get another one so that more than one person can go out and we can paddle around the lake together. I have found that it is a very relaxing exercise and it is so calm out on the lake. My parents lake is pretty small and there are normally not many boats, which makes it perfect for paddle boarding! I love it so much and can't wait until I can get up to my parents new house again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment