Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer 2014: Volleyball Camps Galore


This week starts my very busy summer with volleyball!! My two sports I spend the most time with are volleyball and baseball. Playing volleyball, watching baseball. Monday started just one of many volleyball camps that I have thought the summer. Unfortunately I will not be getting to play, just coach. Which I enjoy almost just as much! This week has been a challenging week because of the age group we have. We have over 25 Kindergarten-3rd graders for 2 hours, 3 times this week. Being a teacher I knew the struggle with keeping the focus of them all, especially the younger ones, but it has been rough! Today was our second day of camp and we went over just a lot of the basics. They are too young to understand the more complex things. So we go over passing, underhand serving, setting and moving their feet. They seem to enjoy it and don't complain too much! 2 hours is a long time for them to be engaged the whole time, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to next week when we have the 4-6 grade girls. They are at a higher level and understand a lot more which is awesome to see! Tune in next week to see how the 4-6 grade camp goes!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment