Sunday, January 25, 2015

Afternoon Trip to the Beach .:. Best Attempt at Artsy Photos .:. Upcoming School Week

Basically this post is purely for the pictures, but they are too good not to share! It was another rainy gloomy day here in paradise, but Britta and I were determined to go out and get to the beach. We took the hike down to the Pedregal Beach, which is the beach on the Pacific side and the one that we can see from our bedroom balconies. It is too rough to swim in, but today we went down in sweatshirts and pants so there was not even a thought of swimming. So here are almost all the snaps from the beach.


I don't think I would ever get sick of the beach. I don't understand the people that stay in their houses all day and out of the sun and down by the beach! I would spend all my time outside if I could, but that's probably just my Minnesota side coming out since I don't get to be outside much in the winter without freezing my butt off. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I wish the weekends were nicer. I want a nice tan before we come back! Hopefully these last 9 weeks will brighten up :)

This week in school we will have the K3 students in the morning and the K2 students in the afternoon. This week we have the first of our 6 observations from our University Supervisor. We met her last week and she is such a sweet person and I think she will be such a big help in our process of student teaching. 

We will be continuing our lessons of animals in K3 and clothing in K2. We will be doing a few science experiments in both classes. K3 will be talking about organic and inorganic garbage and will eventually connect it to animals and how the garbage that we dispose of effects our animal populations. We want to try to incorporate more of what the students want to learn about into the lessons, but it is tough because the days are so short when we only get half of the day with each class. One class comes in the morning when we start at 8 and the other class comes in after recess at 11:30-11:45 and we have them until 1:30-2:00 depending on if their parents come to the classroom or it they get picked up by their parents. Almost every day we have a meeting after school. Mondays are free and so we have tried to use those days for planning the next week. Tuesdays and Fridays are International Baccalaureate meetings with the IB coordinator. Wednesdays we have parent pick up duty so we have to wait while the students are getting picked up by their parents. All the teachers tend to leave right at 3 or shortly after 3 every day. Hopefully tomorrow we plan next weeks schedule and I can start to take over even more of the class than I am doing currently!

And in news from the home front, that little puppy of ours just keeps getting cuter every day! I screenshot every snapchat that Tyler sends my way! She's such a tiny stinker and I'm sad that I'm missing these very small puppy stages. Hopefully she won't be too big by the time I get home.

Hopefully this week is nice and flies by! Taking it day by day and excited to continue my student teaching journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment