Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 1 Down, 11 To Go

We survived week 1! It was nice to have to be a short week to ease into things. We start next week full swing Monday-Friday. The daily schedule for me is a little different than Britta's. I am in Kinder classes and I have both Kinder 2 and Kinder 3 as they call it here, which is equal to preschool and Kindergarten at home. They start school as early as 2, sometimes even younger here. So the younger Kinder classes are just little babies walking around that can't even talk yet! I think that's crazy. In the morning I start with Kinder 2 at 8 am and we have class until 10:20. At 10:20 we eat lunch and have recess. After recess I get the Kinder 3 class. In Kinder 2 the theme they are on is clothing and in Kinder 3 they are learning about animals. The hardest part about the whole thing I would say is the language barrier. Preschool and kindergarteners have a hard enough time speaking in their native language let alone in another language they don't know. I think that they just need some time to warm up to me. Even in these last three days they got more confident trying to talk to me.

Yesterday we headed to the beach! The beach that we remember from last time was Mudano Beach on the other side of the Marina. Last weekend we went to the beach on the Pacific side near our neighborhood with no vendors or people walking around the beach selling things. This weekend we wanted to go back to  what was familiar so we went over to the Sea of Cortez side and even though we had to deal with many many people it was still fun to people watch and feel like a tourist for the day. Today we might head down to the Pedregal beach or just stay at the house and lay by the pool again.

We have been so lucky to wake up to beautiful sunrises and have supper with beautiful sunsets! This is a great place to be and still so lucky to have had this opportunity teaching in this country. I look forward to get to know my teacher and students better.

Hopefully this week I will get a few pictures of my school and the classroom that I'm in so you have a better idea of what kind of school I'm in.


 
The blue and orange buildings and soccer field is the school that we are teaching in

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you will have a fabulous experience!! Nice hearing about what you are doing. Love You! Mom

    ReplyDelete