Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Beachfront

We finally made it to the beach! And boy was that a hike! My Fitbit now reads 6,445 steps, 2.98 miles, and 54 flights of stairs climbed! And it's only 10:30! I don't think I will have a problem with my stairs goal if we keep going to the beach, but boy is it worth the hike. I could sit down there forever watching the people, looking at all the beautiful houses, and listening to the waves. 

Today was a cloudy one, but that made the walk easier without the beating sun and made for some pretty pictures of the deep blue of the ocean. 


Last night there was a thunderstorm off in the ocean and I stayed up late watching the lightning off in the distance out my bedroom door. It was so cool to see and a nice change of pace from the snow and cold back home. 

Tomorrow school starts and we are brought back to reality of why we are really here. It was a nice vacation to come and do some relaxing and touristy things before the real work starts. We have had the greatest hosts for showing us the way around the house and neighborhood and what places are good to eat at and places to stay away from. 

Stay tuned for the adventures at the school and teaching in these next coming weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment